Wednesday 28 August 2013

Playing with spaghetti

Sensory Activity

This is a fun way for your toddler to play with slippery worms, that will give mum peace of mind.
I feel it's very important for a child to have a safe and friendly environment for him or her to be able to explore different textures that won't harm them, and in this activity they can even eat it (if they reallllly want to).

All you need is:
Spaghetti
Oil
Food colouring

Simple!

So you cook up your spaghetti, once cooked place a drop or two of your selected food colouring (I chose the colours I had, blue, red and green) for extra slippery and wriggly worms add a touch of oil (I add before and after, add as you feel), then place your concoction in front of your toddler and then :)  try and stand back and admire.


In no time he was mixing, squeezing, tasting and spreading this slippy, dippy, wriggly spaghetti all over. 


We did get our fingers stained, but that came off in the bath easily with a little scrub!
When we do it again I will do it outside, if the weather permits, as it was quite a messy affair. 
BUT SOOOO WORTH IT! 


1 comment:

  1. This is a great sensory activity as well for kids, my kids sure loved it. I am a new follower from the Grow Your Blog Network Party, I hope you will follow me back, I am excited to follow you! Thanks. Jenn from Money In My Pocket.

    ReplyDelete