Thursday 10 October 2013

Home-made play dough

This is always a winner. I mean what kid doesn't like play dough and it's super super easy to make.
No cooking is needed, just hot water. You could even get your kids involved in making them.

All you need is:

~ 1 cup of plain flour
~ 2 teaspoons Cream of Tarter
~ 1/3 cup of Salt
~ 1 cup of hot water
~ 1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
~ 10 or 20 few drops
~ Food colouring as much as desired

Method:

In a large-ish heat resistant bowl, add all your dry ingredients, flour, cream of tarter and salt.
Stir in the water and vegetable oil. Mix it up well.
Add your sprinkling of essential oil. At this stage you can break your play dough up into sections for different colours, as I did in the picture below.
Add your food colouring, I added red, yellow, green and blue.
Mix your colours in well, if you want you could add some edible glitter for a bit of fun. 
Leave to cool.
Once cooled, keep in zip Lock bags. It can be used over and over and over again. It really does last.

Give your kids the play dough with simple things you have in your kitchen, such as plastic spoons, knives and forks, and plastic biscuit cutters, rolling pin, you can use anything you find. Sit back and enjoy the creative side of your child as they make all sorts of weird and wonderful creatures.


Play dough can also make a very nice gift. I just pop them into little sandwich bags and squeeze them into a jar, you can even paint the lids and add stickers for a extra flare. 




Always a hit!! And such good fun.

For Fantastic Free Play Dough Mats go to: Mothers Niche





This Post Links to:
My Personal Accent
Blissful and Domestic
My Turn For Us

4 comments:

  1. That looks easier than I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks easy and definitely something my grandkids would love! Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to learning more about your life in S. Africa. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I really need to start making my own. I noticed we both linked up to Blissful and Domestic: yours about how to make play dough, and mine about play dough printables. Would you be interested in linking to each other's posts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, about linking to each other! Making the play dough is really easy, give it a try! Once you start you'll never buy again!

      Delete