I grow Barley Sprouts/fodder, but you can grow oats or wheat-grass. Barley is the more popular for feeding livestock.
The advantageous of feeding Fodder to animals is amazing. Its becoming more and more popular now. Its really not too time consuming either, but once you got your watering on a timer, it will really be a little you will need to do.
Some Advantages to Feeding Fodder to Horses:
Some Advantages to Feeding Fodder to Pigs:
- Improvements in coat condition
- Improved weight gain
- Improved muscle condition
- Improved lactation rates
- Improvements in milk quality
- Improved fertility rates
- Reduction in cull rates
- Reduced mortality rates
- Improved hoof quality and strength
- Improved gut function
- Improved behaviour and temperament
- High quality meat and better texture
Some Advantages to Feeding Fodder to Chickens:
- Better quality eggs with deeper yolk colour
- Enhanced egg taste
- Reduced sticky droppings
- Higher quality meat with better texture
- Improved health and energy levels
- They just love it, especially if they are kept in.